My Virtual Housewarming

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Hearing from the past


I don't have a home phone. Well, that's not entirely true -- I do, because I have DSL, and apparently for Direct TV they require a phone line, but ask me what the number is.....

*crickets*

But I hooked up my cordless w/answering machine to the the line and of course, I get a wrong number, since not even I know the number, but I hit "play" and whaddya know......in addition to the wrong number message which I promptly deleted, messages I had saved when I lived in Maryland were there. The voices of my grandfather, my mommie and daddy, my sister, my cousins.....vocal archives of my life, 2-3 years ago. Amazing, to hear those, I tell ya.


I'd saved the wishes of my family members on my 30th birthday. I was
off cavorting in Belize, but they'd left me Happy Birthday voicemails to hear
upon my arrival back home.

My Papa asking me if I got mail lately.... gotta luv a grandfather that
provides a much needed "supplement" on a periodic basis. That kinda mail
is ALWAYS welcome :)

My cousin, visiting Maryland, trying to find me so we could meet up -- I
wasn't running late, I just didn't know where she was! LOL

My father laughing at the "indifference" in the tone of my outgoing
message, which btw, I HAVEN'T changed....

A call from my Mommie just 'cause....

These were a joy to listen to. I tend to save voicemails, especially those of my loved ones. I won't delete them -- when they are erased after a specific time, then so be it, but, I try to save them as long as possible. You never know when that may all you have left of someone.

More to Come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home